Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully the following information with regards to lessons, booking and payment.
Booking Lessons and Payments
1. Lessons are required to be booked and paid for in advance. Bookings can be made either via the website or by email.
2. Every new student will get their first lesson half price. This is for the first lesson only and any subsequent lessons will be charged at the applicable full price.
3. Adult and mixed group lessons are charged in four week blocks. Group lessons solely for children* are charged as per the academic term so block lengths will vary.
(*Children are defined as being aged 7-16 years old.)
4. One-to-one lessons are charged per lesson and can be booked as often as the student requires.
5. Fees for lessons are non-refundable and lesson times are non-transferable (except under specific circumstances, see clause 6-8)
Missed Lessons and Cancellations
6. If you are unable to make a lesson which you have pre-booked, please inform the tutor as soon as possible. Providing the cancellation has been notified at least 24 hours before the scheduled date for the lesson, every effort will be made to re-schedule the lesson for a mutually convenient date and time within a reasonable timescale. However, this is subject to the availability of a mutually convenient date and time within a reasonable period of the cancelled lesson.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of the scheduled time for the lesson will not be refunded; nor can any alternative date and time be offered.
7. Where it is not possible to re-schedule the lesson within a mutually convenient date and time and within a reasonable period, then regrettably, no transfer of the lesson can be offered, nor any refund made for the cost of the lost lesson. However, every effort will be made to try to accommodate your needs.
8. If you subsequently cannot attend or fail to attend a re-scheduled lesson, no further re-scheduling of that lesson will be possible, in which case the fee for the lesson will be forfeited.
9. If you cancel or miss a lesson that for any reason has not been pre-paid, the charge for this lesson will still apply, subject to the above provisions.
10. If you do not attend lessons for more than two weeks we cannot always guarantee that you will get the same time slot for future bookings. Your time slot may since have been taken by another student.
11. If the tutor has to cancel a lesson due to unforeseen circumstances, suitable arrangements will be made either to rearrange the lesson to a mutually convenient date and time or to credit payment against a future lesson. Refunds will only be offered in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Rhythm and Steel.
Lesson Payments in advance can be made by
Bank Transfer – Please contact us for account details and make payment using the student's name as a reference
Booking directly through the website
At Rhythm and Steel we recognise the importance of having the chance to perform live; with this in mind we offer a number of opportunities every year for students to do just that, whether it be at a concert or competition. This is not compulsory, but a lot of fun and we encourage everyone (whatever your level or age) to get involved!
Of course, there will be no charge to you for participating in a concert or competition.
Enjoy your lessons? Then recommend us! If a friend you have recommended Rhythm and Steel to, books in for a block of lessons, we will give you a free half hour lesson as a thank you.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change